|Recipe Categories >> Paratha|
Aaloo Ka Paratha
|Boiled Potato - 3 medium|
Wheat flour - 5oo gm
Garlic flakes - 7
Ginger - 1/2 inch (finely chopped)
Dried red chilly - 2
Dhania patta - 1 bunch (finely chopped)
Jeera - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 2 tsp ( mustard oil preferably)
|1. Peel off the boiled potatoes and mash it up. Heat oil, jeera, ginger, garlic in a ladle. When jeera begins to splutter and change colour, put off the flame. Transfer the content of ladle to the mashed potatoes. |
2. Roast the dried red chilly over slow fire. This might smoke, so switch on your kitchen ventilator. Break the roasted dry chilly in the mashed potato. Put salt and 1 tbsp uncooked mustard oil. Add the dhania patta.
3. Mash everything well, leaving no lumps of unmashed potato.
4. Add 4 tbsp oil to the wheat flour. Make a soft dough without using water or milk. Stuff the above prepared potato stuffing in a lump of dough, and roll to make a round paratha.
5. Cook the paratha on the tava, when both sides are cooked, put oil and spread it to both the surfaces. Cook till paratha turns reddish and golden.
6. To serve the paratha, put 1 tsp butter on the paratha. Serve with pickle, raita or malai kofta.
Printer Friendly version
भोजपुरिया.कॉम - हमनी के बोली, हमनी के लोग
Please email us at