|Recipe Categories >> Sweets|
|Maida - 500 gm|
Coconut - 2 tbsp (chopped)
Water - 1.5 cups
Sugar - 300 gm
Green Cardamom - 4 (peeled and mashed)
Ghee (or vegetable oil)
Saancha: (A Saancha is basically an embroidered surface of wood like the ones used for making block prints. This is used to give an embroidered look to the surface of khajoor when it gets pressed against it).
|1. Make the sugar syrup by boiling sugar, water, and green cardamom for 5 minutes over medium flame |
2. Mix 4 tbsp ghee, sugar syrup prepared above and coconut to maida and make dough of it.
3. Use only as much sugar syrup as required to make dough like the one for making chapaatis.
4. Take a lump of dough (the size as that for making chapaatis), press it flat on your palm like a peda then press it against a saancha for making khajoor.
5. After the khajoor has aquired the imprint from the saancha, it is deep fried in ghee till reddish brown.
6. Ghee is strained and khajoor kept aside.
7. Serve when completely cooled.
Printer Friendly version
भोजपुरिया.कॉम - हमनी के बोली, हमनी के लोग
Please email us at