|Recipe Categories >> Sweets|
|1 1/2 cup: Maida (plain flour) |
1/2 cup: Jaggery
1 cup: Water
1/4 tsp: Cardamom powder
1 tbsp: Ghee
Ghee to deep fry
|1. Heat the water and jaggery till all of it dissolves in the water. |
2. Strain and cool a bit.
3. Mix the cardamom powder and ghee in the flour.
4. Knead the flour with the jaggery water.
5. The dough should be stiff but pliable.
6. Break into approx. 20 parts.
Knead each with palm and roll into 4" rounds.
7. Make many tiny slits with knife or fork on each on both sides.
8. Keep them aside on a clean cloth for an hour or so to dry a bit.
9. Deep fry in hot ghee on low flame till light golden in colour.
10. Drain and cool for a while.
The khajas will become crisper and harder as they cool.
11. Store in airtight container after cooling completely.
Printer Friendly version
भोजपुरिया.कॉम - हमनी के बोली, हमनी के लोग
Please email us at